- Masses of bright red pohutakawa flowers at Christmas through to New Year.
- Dark green foliage from southern rata genes.
- More frost resistant than most pohutakawas due to being a hybrid with southern rata.
- Slower and lower growing with a naturally rounded shape.
- Great as a screening plant—trims well as a hedge. Wind break in coastal areas.
- Brings in tuis and bellbirds when in flower.
- Its fibrous roots means it is very good for erosion control.
- Can be grown as a trees or left as a bush.
- Very coastal and wind hardy.
- Moderately frost hardy.
- Full sun to partial shade.
|5 year old tree||1.5m||1.0m|
|10 year old tree||3.0m||2.5m|
|Country of Origin: New Zealand|