- Nectar producing flowers, appear in rusty red bottlebrush like flowers in spring and summer.
- Very distinctive foliage which is narrow and serrated at edges.
- Slender, tapering tree.
- Attracts birds.
- Specimen tree in medium sized garden or park.
- Prefers average soils, not excessively wet or dry.
- Frost hardy in Nelson to around 850m altitude.
- Grows in full sun or partial shade.
|5 year old tree||3.5 m||1.5 m|
|10 year old tree||5.0 m||2.0 m|
|Country of Origin: NEW ZEALAND Evergreen|