- Masses of dark green fern fronds coming out of the crown of the trunk.
- Slender black trunk usually covered in many old fronds.
- Grows well in damp, shady areas of the garden.
- Great when used as mass plantings at entrances to gardens or houses.
- Give a native, architectural look to garden.
- Moderately coastal and frost hardy.
- Will tolerate a small amount of wind.
- Prefers moist to very moist soils.
|5 year old tree||1.5m||1.0m|
|10 year old tree||2.5m||2.0m|
|Country of Origin: New Zealand|