- Bluish green foliage on strongly arching fronds, with orange coloured flowers.
- Edible fruit, giving plant its name.
- Fruit flavour similar to apricots.
- Great palm for difficult sites.
- Will tolerate cool and wet conditions as well as frosts down to –8 Celsius.
- Single specimen in lawn or garden.
- In a line down a drive or path.
- Very frost hardy.
- Moderately coastal and wind hardy.
- Tolerates dry to moist soil conditions.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade.
|5 year old tree||1.0m||1.0m|
|10 year old tree||2.0m||2.0m|
|Country of Origin: South America (Brazil)|