- Narrow, light green leaves with willowy appearance.
- Smooth, dark brown bark.
- Large black drupes (fruit) which is attractive to pigeons.
- Background tree in borders.
- Light cover for shade loving plants.
- Prefers semi-shade as a young plant, but is good in sun as it matures.
- Moist soil but not boggy or poorly drained.
- Moderately frost hardy—will grow in Christchurch with protection over head.
|5 year old tree||4.0m||2.0m|
|10 year old tree||7.0m||3-4.0m|
|Country of Origin: New Zealand|