- Evergreen native tree found in lowland and coastal forests from North Cape to Banks Peninsula.
- Large glossy green leaves: new growth is paler with a reddish tinge.
- Tiny red flowers; raspberry fruit with shiny black seed.
- Spreading canopy, excellent shade or specimen tree.
- Ideal for medium to large sections.
- Grows happily in most situations but prefers some shelter.
- Young trees may need protection from heavy frost
|5 year old tree||4.0m||3.0m|
|10 year old tree||8.0m||6.0m|
|Country of Origin: New Zealand|