- A stunning tree with masses of small, dark green toothed leaves.
- As it matures it develops a flaking bark revealing colours of greys, tans and reds.
- Is deciduous, though in favourable growing conditions can sometimes retain foliage well into winter.
- Used as a street tree where space permits.
- Great as a shade tree in car parks.
- Stunning as a specimen in large gardens and parks.
- Very frost and wind hardy.
- Moderately coastal hardy.
- Grows in dry to very moist soil conditions.
- Prefers full sun to partial shade.
|5 year old tree||3.0m||3.0m|
|10 year old tree||5.0m||6.0m|
|Country of Origin: China, Japan|