Tupelo Tree/Black Gum
- Possibly one of the brightest red autumn coloured trees.
- Shiny mid green foliage.
- Pyramidal shape when young but spreading with age.
- Where soil conditions are poor, particularly drainage.
- Avenue or street planting.
- Stunning when planted at waters edge for reflections.
- Suitable for even medium sized gardens for both lawn specimen or border planting.
- Very frost hardy.
- Moderately wind hardy.
- Avoid coastal conditions.
- Will grow in dry to swampy soil conditions.
|5 year old tree||2.5m||1.5m|
|10 year old tree||5.0m||3.0m|
|Country of Origin: North America|