Fagus sylvatica ‘Purpureum’
- Copper red new foliage in spring darkening over summer.
- Holds old foliage through winter until new leaves emerge.
- Slow to moderate growth rate on its way to becoming a large tree.
- Shallow root system.
- Impressive contrast plant when used in parks and large gardens.
- Trims well to be used as smaller garden hedge or screen.
- Very wind and frost hardy.
- Moderately coastal hardy.
- Full sun to partial shade.
- Will tolerate most soil conditions except very wet and very dry.
|5 year old tree||1.5m||1.0m|
|10 year old tree||2.5m||1.5m|
|Country of Origin: Central Europe|