Scotch Elm, Horizontal Elm
- Has wide spreading branches which are quite horizontal when young with the mature form more dome shaped.
- Foliage is dark green after an early spring display of masses of lime green seeds.
- Autumns colours of yellow.
- Great in a large garden or park.
- Also used as a shade tree and can be trimmed annually to keep smaller, so suitable for a medium sized garden.
- Very wind and frost hardy.
- Moderately coastal hardy.
- Will grow in dry to very moist conditions.
- Full sun to partial shade.
|5 year old tree
|10 year old tree
|Country of Origin: Europe